Leading the Revolution
MS, MA, PMP, LSSGB
SupplyChainQueen ® | Executive Advisor and Thought Leader | IBM Global Partner | Influencer in Supply Chain, Sustainability, Innovation, and Leadership
Meet Sheri Hinish. To colleagues and clients, she’s known as the “Supply Chain Queen.” Her purpose is simply to make a meaningful impact for the clients, colleagues, partners, and communities she serves. She helps customers design and build supply chains of the future that empower the human experience, strategically champion stewardship, and create change that is impactful, equitable, viable, and profitable.
In her current role, she is a senior leader supporting IBM's Global Supply Chain Transformation teams with focus in Sustainable Supply Chain, Omni-Channel, and innovation. Recognized as a 2020 & 2019 Supply & Demand Chain Executive "Pro to Know," the "People's Choice 2020 Global Woman in Supply Chain Leader,” Corporate Vision Excellence award recipient for “2020’s Most Influential Leader in Supply Chain & Technology,” and a trusted partner, Sheri is a leading advocate for sustainable supply chains and 'supply chain with purpose' across social media and professional networks.
How Did the Supply Chain Queen
Leading B2B Influencer and Advocate for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Sheri is IBM's Global Supply Chain Center of Excellence Leader in Sustainable Supply Chain. She is the leading B2B influencer in new school supply chain topics and trends, including sustainability, innovation, sustainable development, digital transformation, and inclusive leadership as demonstrated by her engaged, cross-channel following. Sheri is a Rebel and eternal student who loves bringing out the best in people and building back better in supply chain transformations.
She hosts a top podcast that evangelizes the future of supply chain called the “Supply Chain Revolution”. Her vision is to change the world through shared purpose & sustainable supply chain, circularity, and building technology grounded in the principles of sustainable development. She is a champion for diversity, equity, and inclusion and an advocate for innovative customer experience.
Sheri holds a Masters from Harvard University in Sustainability with an emphasis in CSR Strategy, Leading Sustainability, and Sustainable Development. She is certified in Corporate Sustainability and Innovation from Harvard University and Organizational Behavior and Change Leadership from Cornell University. Sheri holds two credentials from Rutgers Business School with highest distinction (Beta Gamma Sigma), a Master of Science in Supply Chain Management, and a mini-MBA with focus in Digital Supply Chain. She also has a Bachelor of Science in Business, Supply Chain Management (Summa Cum Laude) from the University of Maryland. Additionally, Sheri is a certified IBM Design Thinking Co-Creator, a licensed Project Management Professional, and a Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt.
LEADING PODCAST IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Focus & Expertise
Trusted Insights in Supply Chain & Digital Transformations
The Supply Chain Revolution evangelizes how supply chains can save the world using sustainability, circular economy, diversity, and innovation. Supply chains can save the planet, save lives, and transform traditional business models. Subscribe and Listen how...
Colleagues and clients gave Sheri the name "Supply Chain Queen" for her ability to simplify the complex, and be a bridge in difficult transformations that included technological, organizational, and generational shifts. She provides the insights, strategies, and a unique point of view in digital supply chain, purpose, sustainability, the power of diversity as a catalyst for innovation, and communicating the value proposition of change.
Using the Sustainable Development Goals as a North Star, she helps companies build lasting, transformational change with services grounded in the principles of "doing well and doing good".
Sheri's expertise includes new school supply chain strategy, sustainability, solution strategy, organizational leadership and leading strategic change, corporate social responsibility, product and social media marketing, and designing for the quadruple bottom line: people, planet, profit, and meaningful impact.
- Founder, Supply Chain Insights
I love Sheri's passion and commitment to the supply chain space. Her reach is to a younger and important audience.
Sheri just gets "it". By "it" I mean the way innovation is driving the global supply chain forward. Her ability to synthesize technical and macro information is a key reason she is a much sought after speaker and consultant. She always has a gravitating personality. I've had the opportunity to collaborate with Sheri several times already at SAP and I know if there is another chance to work with her again I wouldn't hesitate to reach out. Not only does Sheri understand emerging technologies, she fundamentally grasps how sustainability and diversity can revolutionize a more digitized supply chain, not just for businesses but for everyone. I highly recommend Sheri for your next project - she is the type of rare go-getter that simply gets the results your business needs.
VP Marketing Strategy and Communications, SAP Ariba & SAP Fieldglass
I had the distinct pleasure of working with Sheri for 2 years while she was at Grace. In that short time, Sheri demonstrated a combination of breadth and depth in supply chain complemented with excellent communications and presentation skills. She was instrumental in affecting Grace's approach to procurement by leading an effort to dive deeply into every step of the process to highlight key leverage areas for overall improvement. Sheri demonstrated strong breadth through programs in customer experience and overall supply chain planning as well. Sheri demonstrates her strong thought leadership through her engagement on social media. She's a strong proponent of supply chain, women in technology/leadership, sustainability, and more. That's why she's the Supply Chain Queen!
Vice President, Gartner for General Managers - High-tech
Sheri, thank you for your very valuable contributions to the SAP Ariba Live virtutal events. We are grateful for your commitment, effort, and flexibility to help us deliver amazing content in these unprecedented times. You have helped us to create remarkable and thought provoking content at a time when many of our customers, partners, and suppliers are looking for guidance and expertise to navigate the challenges ahead.
Global VP of Marketing, SAP
I work with a lot of B2B influencers and Sheri is one who stands out in a number of ways. She is an expert in her field and has built an audience carefully and deliberately. Next, she understands how to position herself and connect with other influencers in her field to maximize her message and that of her industry. I often use Sheri as an example to other up-and-coming B2B influencers and as someone whom to model themselves after. I'm proud to know her.
Top B2B Marketing Strategist & Consultant
Sheri is such a great supply chain resource to work with. I recently partnered with her on a competitive analysis for IBM Sterling. Sheri was always more than prepared, able to field questions and make intelligent recommendations, plus share her expertise in a unique way. We will continue to work with Sheri on various projects as we evolve throughout 2020. I highly recommend leveraging Sheri for your supply chain consultations.
Content Director, IBM
Sheri is THE Supply Chain Queen! She is a recognized subject matter expert and influencer in supply chain, leadership, and strategy. She understands the importance of working across the functional silos in a company, and she understands how to communicate across the generations in our workforce.
Mr. Supply Chain, Author, Educator
Executive Advisory & Change Leadership
As a senior leader at IBM, topics include supply chain strategy, change leadership, sustainability strategy and messaging, GTM and sales enablement, product marketing, talent management, DEI strategy.
Virtual Events, Panels & Webinars
Panel discussions and webinars including custom content available. Moderating a panel with themes, narratives, and scripting.
Custom Media & Thought Leadership
Custom media services available including executive pitches, internal training, and video used for digital marketing. Blog articles, and unique thought leadership available.
Education Media & Keynotes
Keynotes, customized media modules available for higher education and exec education on supply chain, change leadership, sustainability, innovation.
Niche Strategy & Board Positions
Sheri has helped several start-ups and organizations and is open to board positions. References available.
Social Media Strategy & Sharing
Social media sharing available and typically accompanies events, webinars, and panel discussions. Must align with my values and mission.
- Gartner Symposium: Retail Resilience For the Holiday Season with IBM (November 2020),
- Givewith, SAP and Procurious Webinar on How Procurement with Purpose Powers a Sustainable World (October 2020),
- Global Women Leaders in Supply Chain Award and Conference Panelist on Diversity & Inclusion (September 2020),
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive "State of Supply Chain Industry" Expert Summit Speaker with Accenture, Ryder, and NRF (August 2020),
- Reuters Retail Supply Chain USA Panelist with Alibaba, Etsy, Ryder, and UnTuckit (August 2020),
- Celonis Women in Digital Transformation Panelist (July 2020),
- Alcott Global Supply Chain Summit IBP & Digital Transformation Panelist with O9 Solutions and Airbus (July 2020),
- IMCX Conference B2B Influencer Marketing Panelist with Onalytica and HP(July 2020),
- Retail and CPG Executive Forums "Fireside Chat" with SalesForce (June/July 2020),
- CIPS Women in Procurement Webinar Series (June 2020),
- Panelist for SAP Ariba "Future Focus" Series (May 2020),
- Panelist Discussing the Future of AI, Edge, and Analytics in Supply Chain Technology hosted by Frost & Sullivan (May 2019)
- Small Business Series with UPS Featuring Game Set Style (October 2020),
- Retail and CPG Executive Forums "Fireside Chats" with SalesForce (June/July 2020),
- Small Business Series with UPS CMO Featuring CoolHaus (June 2020),
- Featured in Forbes Magazine Discussing Supply Chain Resilience & Sustainability (June 2020),
- Featured Guest on SAP Ariba's "Pat Chat" discussing Supply Chain Resiliency and Sustainability (May 2020),
- "Women in Supply Chain" guest on SAP Digital Supply Chain podcast with Tom Raftery (April 2020),
- Earth Day Keynote on "The Power of Value Creation in Sustainable Supply Chains" at the Center for Corporate Performance and Sustainability (April 2020),
- Featured Guest on LOKAD's YouTube Series discussing "Building Trust in Supply Chain Networks" (March, 2020),
- Featured on the Supply Chain Brief's "Supply Chain Expert" Series to discuss Supply Chain 5.0 (Feb 2020),
- Keynote at Diverse Manufacturing Supply Chain Alliance (Feb 2020),
- Highlight in IBM Industrious Magazine (January 2019),
- Featured Guest on Building Business Acumen Podcast with Nathaniel Schooler (March 2019),
- Feature in Supply Chain Dive's Augmented Tech Playbook (August 2019),
- Wharton Alumni Association, Series on Gender and Climate Change (December 2020),
- Custom Executive Pitch for Leading Supply Chain Tech Vendor on Sustainability and the Future of Work
- Global Women Leaders in Supply Chain Award and Conference Video on Diversity & Inclusion (September 2020),
- Rutgers MBA Program, HEIR Supply Chain Series (August 2020),
- Small Business Series with UPS CMO Featuring CoolHaus (June 2020),
- Featured Thought Leadership in CSR for Georgetown Graduate SCM Program (June 2020),
- Other recent client projects include GTM strategy for a supply chain tech vendor, COVID response and recovery messaging, an Organizational Sustainability Program for a small AI start up, a competitive analysis for a leading supply chain software vendor interested in adding sustainable tech in its product road map, and a custom media 'executive pitch' for a tech vendor to use during its sales cycle. Her point of view highlighted at NRF 2020 as an IBM Partner can be found on her blog.
- Top Woman in Supply Chain Award, Supply & Demand Chain Executive (October 2020),
- "People's Choice, Global Woman Supply Chain Leader (September 2020),
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive "Pro to Know" (March 2020),
- Top 10 Procurement Leaders to Watch in 2020 (January 2020),
- Top 100 Global Women in Supply Chain Leaders (December 2019),
- Judge in the MVP Awards hosted by Supply Chain Brief (November 2019),
- Named the #1 Supply Chain Professional to know in 2019 by Supply & Demand Chain Executive (August 2019). Featured
Be the first to know what's new and innovative in supply chain
The Future of Supply Chain Unpacked
Join Sheri Hinish as she describes the future of supply chain with Rob O'Bryne, CEO of Logistics Bureau and host of a leading YouTube supply chain series.
Women in Digital Transformation Celonis & SupplyChainQueen
Sheri Hinish joins Jessica Johnson (Qualcomm Inc.), Debra Keehn (Ascend Performance Materials), Hala Zeine (Chief Product Officer at Celonis), and Jana Vondran at (Ingramm Micro, Inc.) to discuss leading digital transformation and advances in AI/ML, technology and process mining.
Reuters Retail Supply Chain USA Conference: Adapting Your Supply Chain to the Changing Nature of Consumerism
Sheri Hinish, SupplyChainQueen, Talks Retail Supply Chains, E-commerce, Transparency, and Building Consumer Trust with Jamin Dick (Alibaba), Roman Sobieri (Etsy), Bjorn Bengtsso (UnTuckit) & Norm Brouillette (Ryder).
SAP Ariba Live, Transparent & Resilient Supply Chains
Sheri Hinish joins Sean Thompson, EVP of Network & Ecosystem at SAP, Padmini Ranganathan, GVP Sustainability at SAP Ariba, and Sondra Scott, COO at Verisk Financial to discuss why transparent and resilient supply chains are a business imperative.
A Cool Pivot with CoolHaus, UPS, and the SupplyChainQueen
Coolhaus founder, Natasha Case, sits down with Sheri Hinish and UPS Vice President of Marketing, Chris Byrne, to talk through her pivot to e-commerce in COVID and using social media in brand activation.
Long Term Value Creation in Supply Chain Networks with Purpose, Sustainability, and Risk Management
Sheri discusses long term value creation, digital networks, purpose and sustainability, supply chain resiliency and responding with COVID in your supply base in this chat with Patrick McCarthy, SVP, SAP Ariba and Fieldglass.
Personalized Omni-Channel Customer Experience of the Future
Watch Sheri describe the supply chain of 2025 that personalizes the way things are made, shipped, and sold.
The Next Age of Industry Starts Now
Watch Sheri demonstrate 'The Next Age of Industry' as Panasonic's Integrated Supply Chain Expert & Influencer
Building Trust in A Network, Lokad Executive Series
Watch Sheri describe how to build trust in a digital supply chain network and in organizational change management.